- Primary National Curriculum – Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- For pupils working below Age Related Expectations
- Track the smallest steps of progress made by pupils with SEND against the pre key stage standards – show progress and easily identify next steps
- Use Connecting Steps to show progress for ALL Primary School pupils – track mixed abilities using different assessment frameworks all in one system
Struggling to show progress for your SEND pupils?
Find out how Connecting Steps can help track the small steps of progress made by pupils with SEND and demonstrate their progress against the pre key stage standards
BOOK A FREE ONLINE MEETING
Choose the right SEND assessment framework for your Primary School
Primary Assessment for pupils with SEND
Take a look at our assessment framework for pupils working below ARE in Primary Schools
For Primary pupils working below Age Related Expectations, we recommend our Primary Steps framework. Designed for SEND, it has more detail to support teachers and show progress for pupils working below ARE.
Primary Steps includes the Pre Key Stage Standards for children working below Year 1, as well as the End of Year Outcomes for Years 1-6. This covers the ability range of pupils formerly assessed as being upper-end of P4, through to the end of Key Stage 2 expectations.
We have a range of assessment frameworks that schools can choose from to meet your pupils’ individual needs.
Primary Steps works alongside our Primary Curriculum framework for pupils whose progress is at Age Related Expectations. So ALL of your pupils can be assessed using one system – Connecting Steps.
SENCOS – Visit our SEN page to read more about how our SEND assessment frameworks can help you!
Both of our Primary assessment frameworks cover the core subjects. Primary Steps is available in 3 packs
Core Subjects: English, Maths, Science.
Plus Subjects: Citizenship, Computing, PSHE (including Relationship Education), Physical Education.
Foundation Subjects: Art & Design, Design & Technology, Geography, History, Languages, Music, Religious Education.
Primary Assessment for pupils at ARE
Find out about our assessment framework for pupils working at ARE in Primary Schools
Show progress for ALL your Primary School pupils
Connecting Steps combines assessment frameworks for multiple curriculums into a single assessment system
- Track mixed abilities using different assessment frameworks all in one system
- Generate comparable data for pupils working at ARE and those with SEND
- Show whole school progress by analysing all of your assessment data together
- There’s only one system to manage and train staff on
Show Small Steps of Progress for SEND Pupils in Mainstream Primary Schools
- Track small steps of progress made by pupils with SEND against the pre key stage standards using our Primary Steps assessment framework.
- Teachers can quickly and easily record even the smallest of achievements and identify each pupil’s next steps.
- Assessments can be displayed in a variety of ways, such as individual and group reports and graphs – to highlight progress made.
- Connecting Steps has lots of features that make assessing pupils’ progress easier.
- The Group assessment screen has extremely flexible options. You can create groups for different cohorts or you can create custom groups as you go by filtering students.
- Advanced filtering helps teachers to easily find the information they need. Filter straight to your pupils working below ARE. Then sort assessments to show which areas pupils haven’t achieved yet.
Is it time to rethink your Primary School assessment?
Find out more about the advantages of using one inclusive assessment system like Connecting Steps, instead of running two or more assessment systems for children of different abilities in your schoolBOOK A FREE ONLINE MEETING
- Connecting Steps has powerful reporting features. These help teachers to share key information about pupil progress or next steps.
- All the reports – including simple overviews – are created in just a few clicks.
- Reports can be saved as favourites, so they can be accessed quickly.
- The Connecting Steps Primary Curriculum assessment framework gives teachers clear and concise information to share with parents about potential barriers or next steps.
Use With iPads & Tablets
- Connecting Steps works on computers and tablets, without the need for an app. 10” or larger devices are recommended.
- Teachers don’t need to wait for a computer to boot or log in. You can start using Connecting Steps within a few seconds of picking up your device.
- Whether you are using an iPad, Amazon Fire device or an Android tablet, you can access Connecting Steps and assess quickly and easily.
What do Teachers think?
Clearly track, monitor and report on pupil progress
“Connecting Steps enables our teachers to clearly track, monitor and report on pupil progress at all levels of attainment without the traditional accompanying reams of paper and hours of filling it in.”
Deputy Headteacher, Brookfields School
Crucial in securing our outstanding OFSTED rating
“Connecting Steps helped us strengthen our assessment procedures and tighten our planning. It was crucial in securing our outstanding OFSTED Inspection!”
Headteacher, Elmsleigh Infant & Nursery School
A great evaluation tool
“Connecting Steps is a great evaluation tool. In a quick glance, you can see the progress a child makes. It is easy to use and quick to get a progress update.”