- Primary National Curriculum – Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- For pupils working at Age Related Expectations
- Simple and easy to use National Curriculum tracker
- Quick and easy formative assessment, tracking and progress reporting for ALL pupils in your Primary School
- Use Connecting Steps to track mixed abilities using different assessment frameworks all in one system
Looking for quick & easy progress assessment for the National Curriculum?
Book a free no obligation online meeting to find out more about our Primary National Curriculum assessment tracker for pupils working at Age Related Expectations (ARE)
BOOK A FREE ONLINE MEETING
Choose the right assessment frameworks for your Primary School
Primary Assessment for pupils at ARE
Take a look at our assessment framework for pupils working at ARE in Primary Schools
We have a range of assessment frameworks that schools can choose from to meet your pupils’ individual needs.
Our Primary Curriculum framework is designed for pupils working around Age Related Expectations (ARE). This primary tracker covers all the areas of the Primary National Curriculum from Year 1 to Year 6. Teachers can assess pupils’ progress and identify areas that haven’t been achieved.
This framework has less detail compared to our Primary Steps framework (for pupils working below ARE) – to reduce teachers’ workloads where the detail is not needed.
These two frameworks can be used alongside each other in Connecting Steps – so ALL of your pupils can all be assessed using one system.
Teachers – Visit our Primary page to read more about how our assessment frameworks can help you!
Both of our Primary assessment frameworks cover the core subjects: English Maths and Science
Our Primary Steps (for pupils with SEND) covers all subjects in the primary curriculum
Primary Assessment for pupils with SEND
Find out about our assessment framework for pupils working below ARE in Primary SchoolsRead more
Show progress for ALL your Primary School pupils
Connecting Steps combines assessment frameworks for multiple curriculums into a single assessment system
- Track mixed abilities using different assessment frameworks all in one system
- Generate comparable data for pupils working at ARE and those with SEND
- Show whole school progress by analysing all of your assessment data together
- There’s only one system to manage and train staff on
- Connecting Steps has lots of features that make assessing pupils’ progress easier.
- On the Group assessment screen, teachers can quickly and easily record pupils’ achievements for their class.
- Advanced filtering helps teachers to easily find the information they need. Quickly filter out pupils with SEND who are working below ARE. Or filter to subsets of the class to assess different attainment groups.
- Sort assessments to show which areas pupils haven’t achieved yet.
- Connecting Steps has powerful reporting features. These help teachers to share key information about pupil progress or next steps.
- All the reports – including simple overviews – are created in just a few clicks.
- Reports can be saved as favourites, so they can be accessed quickly.
Is it time to rethink your Primary School assessment?
Find out more about the advantages of using one inclusive assessment system like Connecting Steps, instead of running two or more assessment systems for children of different abilities in your schoolBOOK A FREE ONLINE MEETING
- The Connecting Steps Primary Curriculum assessment framework gives teachers clear and concise information to share with parents about potential barriers or next steps.
Use With iPads & Tablets
- Connecting Steps works on computers and tablets, without the need for an app. 10” or larger devices are recommended.
- Teachers don’t need to wait for a computer to boot or log in. You can start using Connecting Steps within a few seconds of picking up your device.
- Whether you are using an iPad, Amazon Fire device or an Android tablet, you can access Connecting Steps and assess quickly and easily.
What do Teachers think?
Clearly track, monitor and report on pupil progress
“Connecting Steps enables our teachers to clearly track, monitor and report on pupil progress at all levels of attainment without the traditional accompanying reams of paper and hours of filling it in.”
Deputy Headteacher, Brookfields School
Crucial in securing our outstanding OFSTED rating
“Connecting Steps helped us strengthen our assessment procedures and tighten our planning. It was crucial in securing our outstanding OFSTED Inspection!”
Headteacher, Elmsleigh Infant & Nursery School
A great evaluation tool
“Connecting Steps is a great evaluation tool. In a quick glance, you can see the progress a child makes. It is easy to use and quick to get a progress update.”